The STANIMA FANTASY SPORTS Men’s Basketball Championship Contest
Select a roster of players that will accumulate points throughout the 2013 NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship tournament.
Cost to Play
The Registration Fees to play in the 2013 Men's Basketball Championship tournament contest are:
$30 - 1 Entry
$50 - 3 Entries
$75 - 6 Entries
The Top Twelve teams to accumulate the most points in the standings will receive a prize:
1st - $1,000
2nd - $500
3rd - $400
4th - $250
5th - $200
6th - $175
7th - $150
8th - $100
9th - $100
10th - $100
11th - $75
12th - $75
Create Your Team
- STANIMA will present 11 selection Groups of players participating in the 2013 NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship tournament .
- Each selection Group will be comprised of 12 players. Except for the final group #11.
- Contestants create a roster by selecting players from each group using the following guidelines:
Group 1 - 4 players
Group 2 – 4 players
Group 3 – 2 players
Group 4 – 2 players
Group 5 – 2 players
Group 6 – 2 players
Group 7 – 2 players
Group 8 – 2 players
Group 9 – 2 players
Group 10 – 2 players
Group 11 – 6 players
Player Selection Group Composition
- Each selection group will be comprised of players from NCAA basketball teams based on the tournament seeding of the team which they represent.
- For example, Group 1 will be comprised of players ONLY from the #1 seeded teams in the tournament. Group 2 will be comprised of players ONLY from the #2 seeded teams in the tournament. Group 3 will be comprised of players ONLY from the #3 seeded teams in the tournament. This same trend will continue thru to Group 10.
- In each case for Groups 1-10, the top 3 rated players according to the STANIMA pre-tournament rankings for each seeded team will be listed on the selection list. Players from each team that are not ranked as one of the top 3 players by the STANIMA pre-tournament rankings will be listed in Group 11.
- Group 11 will be comprised of ALL players competing in the NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship Tournament who were NOT listed in any of the first 10 player selection groups. This will include all of the players competing on teams that are seeded #11 and lower, as well as depth players from the rosters of the higher seeded teams 1st thru 10th.
Game and Scoring Format
- Every roster will accumulate points once the tournament tips off.
- The winning entry will be the team with the highest amount of points at the conclusion of the tournament’s final game on April 2, 2012.
- STANIMA MM Points will be accumulated using the following scoring system:
1 point - Points Scored
1 point - Rebound
1 point - Assist
1 point - Steal
1 point - Blocked Shot
Example: Player “X” who has a game where he scores 21 points, grabs 7 rebounds, gets 4 assists, blocks 1 shot and gets 2 steals will total 35 STANIMA fantasy points .
The Four Play-in Games
- The four play-in games for the 2013 March Madness tournament that are played on March 19 and March 20 will NOT count towards the Stanima standings and will not result in Stanima points for the contest. Players from the teams of these play-in games will be added in the wild card group and are available for selection.
Team Entry Selection
- The team entry selection web page will be made available around 3 hours after the teams are announced for the college basketball tournament on Sunday March 17th. Expect the page to be live around 10PM Central time.